Open Until Filled: The review of applications to begin immediately. Job Description:
Access/Information, Inc. (A/I) has an immediate opening for a part-time Research Specialist. The Research
Specialist provides research assistance, ranging from simple reference questions to in-depth legal and business research projects for law firms and other entities. This position is responsible for conducting database research in a wide variety of topics. The ideal candidate will be able to gather and synthesize research results, identify key issues, and communicate the results in a clear and concise written format.
Essential Job Functions:
- Legal and business research skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Up-to-date computer skills (including Word and Excel)
- Experience with commercial fee-based databases such as LexisAdvance, Westlaw, and other fee-based databases and advanced Internet research skills
- Ability & willingness to prioritize deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced, detail oriented environment
- A demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with others in a highly collaborative environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Car and valid driver’s license
Education and Experience:
- Master’s in Librarianship and Information Management (MLS) required
- Two to three years legal research/law library experience required
- Two to three years business research desired
Hours: 1:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday – 25-hour work week with the potential for a 40-hour work week)
Salary Range: $25.00 to $27.00 per hour depending on experience
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement plan available
Please submit a resume and a business writing sample by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls, please.
About Access/Information, Inc.
(A/I) is a research and document retrieval company located in Denver, Colorado. For over 33 years, we have provided information research, document delivery services, library management, and records management services to attorneys and business professionals throughout the United States. Access/Information is one of the oldest, continuously-operating information professional companies in the country. Our staff of reputable professional researchers understands the demands of the fast-paced business community and the needs of knowledge workers. We pride ourselves on the personal attention afforded each client and on the quality of the information and products that we provide.
9145 E. Kenyon Ave. #203
Denver, CO 80237