Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 16 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Research Analyst within our Research Services Department. The role can be based in San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Denver, New York or D.C.
Join the Research Services team of a billion dollar global law firm in a dynamic fast-paced Research Analyst role. The Research Analyst works as part of a firmwide team to provide research expertise for business development efforts and client work. The Analyst monitors and identifies information sources and data to identify potential opportunities and presents research findings clearly and concisely. The Analyst also participates on firmwide project teams.
- As part of the firmwide research team, provide research expertise to support the firm’s practice areas and business development efforts, including research related to markets, industries, and competitors.
- Retrieve, package, and present information in response to requests from attorneys and colleagues in research function as well as other departments in the Firm.
- Handle a high volume of routine research requests including document retrieval requests, requests to mine websites and other sources, and requests to populate spreadsheets with specified data.
- Create current awareness tools, newsletters, and alerts for ongoing monitoring of clients, industries, and events.
- Demonstrate strong writing skills and the ability to distill and present research work product in a concise, professional manner.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science or equivalent degree.
- Knowledge of the legal materials and databases used to support the Firm’s practice areas and research needs for client work and for business development efforts.
- Demonstrate strong research skills and a deep understanding of research strategies.
To Apply Online, please visit: https://bit.ly/2Fyu6rO