Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck has an opportunity for a skilled law librarian or new MLIS graduate to join our firm as an Electronic Services Librarian. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about the growing role technology plays within a law library, and who is confident in their skills to be in charge of all electronic aspects of our library.
This individual will hold many electronic services responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
- Managing the library intranet page and how it interacts with all facets of the firm-wide intranet; – Management of library subscriptions and updates, enhancements, and librarian/end user trainings associated with those subscriptions;
- Cataloging to keep our online catalog current;
- Developing and maintaining the e-book library collection;
- Researching and recommending future e-service enhancements;
- Assisting with development of documentation and training materials for library research and electronic resource instruction programs;
- Gather, compile and maintain Library statistics;
- Backing up reference research librarians when the need exists.
The successful candidate will possess a Master’s in Library Information Science degree and a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a law firm setting. In lieu of law firm experience, a degree in computer science combined with the MLIS will be considered. We prefer candidates to have experience in cataloging as well as SharePoint and EOS Library software.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join an established and respected law library, and to make an immediate impact in a growing area of specialization within the department. If you are interested in joining our law firm, please send your resume to Colleen Wheeler, Staff Recruiting Manager, via email at email@example.com.