The University of Colorado Law School’s William A. Wise Law Library is seeking an innovative, enthusiastic, and service-driven individual to serve as a Law Library Fellow/Lecturer to help us in shaping services and collections for 21st century learners, educators, and scholars. The Wise Law Library is a state-of-the-art facility that houses the largest collection of legal materials in Colorado. The Law Library supports the vision of the law school: A supportive and diverse community of scholars and students in a place that inspires vigorous pursuit of ideas, critical analysis, and civic engagement in order to advance the rule of law in an open, sustainable society.
Our law library is engaged in developing new services, methods of access, and innovative pedagogy to meet the needs of current and future legal researchers. This fellowship provides an opportunity for a recent library and/or law school graduate to fully participate in those endeavors. This one-year fellowship will serve as a foundational experience for a new law librarian to start his or her career. You can find out more information about the law library fellow here: lawlibrary.colorado.edu/law-library-fellow.
- Provide reference services in both traditional and online environments;
- Assist librarians with class preparation and teaching, including developing assignments and exercises;
- Utilize technology tools to enhance learning in the classroom;
- Participate in teaching classes and providing other research instruction; Create or revise online research and subject resource guides;
- Create content for library’s online presence (e.g., website, blog, other social media);
- Staff the library’s circulation desk;
- Assist with website redesign, web applications, or with the library’s digital repositories; or
- Assist with the creation of metadata using various schemas; database maintenance; and collection development.
- MLS, MSLIS, MSIS, or equivalent degree from an American Library Association-accredited library program, or J.D. degree from an American Bar Association-accredited law school with a serious interest in pursuing a career in law librarianship;
- Ability to solve problems;
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines;
- Service-oriented, friendly;
- Detail-oriented, creative, flexible, and able to work as a member of a team; and
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with legal resources;
- Reference desk, help desk, or other customer service experience;
- Teaching, training, or other instruction experience;
- Experience using technology tools for teaching, presentations, or website content creation;
- Experience managing social media for a group or organization; Knowledge of integrated library systems, especially Innovative Interfaces, Inc. and discovery platforms;
- Familiarity searching, creating, and maintaining digital repositories; or
- Familiarity with MARC, Dublin Core, LC classification and LCSH standards.
Salary and Benefits
This position is a 12 month appointment; it pays $48,000 per year and includes benefits. The anticipated start date will be July 1, 2017.
Applications are due by March 27, 2017; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants should submit the following application materials to Lisa Schultz by email to email@example.com
- Cover letter with a detailed statement of qualifications and interest;
- Unofficial Transcripts; and
- Three reference names and contact information.
Please direct any questions about the position to:
Lisa Schultz, Instructional Services and Research Librarian
William A. Wise Law Library
University of Colorado Law School
402 UCB, 2450 Kittredge Loop Dr.
Boulder, CO 80309-0402
Phone: 303-735-1867 Fax: 303-492-2707